Sunday 8 December 2013

Sorry guys, Kanye West’s article about being the next Nelson Mandela is fake!

On Friday (Dec. 6), “The Daily Currant” ran a fake interview with Kanye West saying he thinks he is “the next Nelson Mandela (which I also posted here, sorry Kanye).” The fake and definitely not real interview (the Currant describes itself as “The Global Satirical Newspaper of Record”) included such quotes as “Mandela was working in South Africa, which has, like what, six people? I started my magic here in the USA and then I took my business global” and “I liberate minds with my music.

That’s more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever.”
Yeah, it was pretty disrespectful. And a lot of people thought it was real. And those same people got really angry … and wanted to put Kanye in prison “to make sure” he’s the next Mandela. Most of them took to Twitter and even linked to the fake and definitely not real article.
Broadcast Coffee @BroadcastCoffee
Follow
Kanye West says he’s the next Nelson Mandela… Maybe he is, let’s stick him in jail for 27 years just to make sure.
5:17 PM – 7 Dec 2013
115 Retweets 53 favorites Reply
Retweet
Favorite
Maia Dunphy @MaiaDunphy
Follow
Kanye West apparently said he’s the new Mandela. I’m happy to give him the benefit of the doubt, so can we start with the 27 years inside?
7:09 PM – 7 Dec 2013
140 Retweets 114 favorites Reply
Retweet
Favorite
Thanks to one of my readers who pointed this out to me *hugs*

No comments: